Thursday 22 March 2012

School

Dear Kate,

HOLY CRAP! I have just enrolled you at school, because you asked me to.

Next I'm off to the bottle shop.  I guess I should meditate, but I'm up for a more passive form of relaxation that doesn't require mental discipline.  Avoid your inherent psychological tendencies and don't be influenced by my coping strategies, if you would.

How do you think you'll go? 



Can I just let you go,
or
will I need to pick you up,
or
will I need to scrape you up?



Or will it be another case of liquification?  I hate mopping.



Watch this space and you'll find out! I'll give you my perspective at least.

I've always said that if you feel ready to tackle it, you will have the mental duress to succeed. (Are there too many 'mentals' in this passage?) Now I'm less certain.  Actually, I was never certain at all.

Good luck! Huh! What an outrageously inadequate thing to say!!

Love Mum
xxx

P.S. Are you sure I have equipped you well enough with what you need?  You seem so definate these days!

P.P.S You were the age champion of the home school swimming carnival today, remember?

P.P.P.S  I got your visual processing test reults yesterday.  Remember someone said you are essentially blind and have no visual memory?  91st percentile for visual memory and 99th percentile for visual spatial skills -you hit the ceiling of the test and the examiner commented that he assumed you would be an exeptional reader.  What an enigma you are!

1 comment:

  1. I am moved by your obvious dedication to your daughter! It is so hard to protect them sometimes! You might enjoy my story of raising my 2e son at:
    http://mytwicebakedpotato.com

    ReplyDelete